Local Greens is a not-for-profit seasonal veg bag scheme based in South London. All the veggies are organic and have come from spray free farms. We were lucky to receive some of their beautiful surplus produce over the Easter weekend and have come up with this wonderful warming seasonal soup using wild garlic.
- 2 tbsp oil for frying, we used rapeseed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp of tumeric
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- chilli flakes (optional)
- 650g potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1.4l vegetable stock
- 100g wild garlic leaves, shredded
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and fry on a low heat for 6 minutes, until softened without colouring now add the spices.
- Add the potatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the wild garlic leaves, reserving a few shreds for garnish.
- Blitz until smooth, with flecks of wild garlic leaves. Reheat in the pan, seasoning with salt and cracked black pepper to taste.